David L. Plantz helps institutional lenders negotiate and document credit facilities secured by commercial real estate and assists his clients in navigating the related finance and real estate issues. His typical transactions range from $15-200 Million and span the breadth of the United States. Examples include syndicated and bilateral credit facilities secured by shopping centers, healthcare facilities, multi-family projects, marina-based mixed-use projects and other income producing collateral.
David also represents national and international financial institutions in the documentation of both syndicated and bilateral asset-based and credit-based financing transactions. In addition to his project finance practice, David has experience with commercial leasing issues, general real estate issues, Canna-business issues, and corporate and international law.
While David’s primary goals include advocating for favorable lending terms for his clients, he has a background in business development, which means he is sensitive to his clients’ relationships with their clients. His approach is a deal-minded one, with an aim to providing potential solutions as opposed to reasons something cannot work.
David strives to work as efficiently as possible and eliminate obstacles from his clients’ paths, while advising them on the issues at play and any alternative approaches available. He is personable, yet professional, and is responsive to his clients’ questions and concerns.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Phi Delta Phi, CALI Award in Contracts, Legal Writing, UCC Sales, International Sales Transaction
- West Virginia University, B.A., 2003, Regency
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Member, Navy League of the United States
- Accredited Attorney, U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs
Rate : $$$$