David Winnett is a skilled trial attorney representing catastrophically injured plaintiffs. Since starting his career as a prosecutor over 20 years ago, he has tried dozens of civil and criminal cases to verdict.
For the second consecutive year, he is a finalist for SFTLA’s Trial Lawyer of the Year. He is also a graduate of CAOC’s Leadership Academy and a Fellow of the New Leaders Council.
In addition to his time as a prosecutor, Mr. Winnett was previously a partner at an Am Law 200 firm. His varied professional background, including his time spent as a prosecutor and as a civil defense lawyer, provides him with a unique perspective on the many legal challenges our clients often face and strategies for confronting those challenges.
Mr. Winnett lives in Novato with his wife and three daughters. They are active in the Bay Area softball community and Marin School of the Arts and enjoy cooking and traveling together as a family.
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois, J.D. – 1995
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, B.A. – 1992
- California, 2002
- Illinois, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Marin County Bar Association, Member
- Marin School of the Arts Foundation, Board of Directors
- Marin Trial Lawyers Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Rate : $$$