David Leinwand is partner of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. David joined the firm in 1992 and became a partner in 2000. David Leinwand’s practice focuses on merger and acquisition transactions.
He has represented a broad array of buyers and sellers, as well as their financial advisors, in a wide variety of public and private deals. In particular, David has significant experience advising private equity firms in their acquisitions and dispositions. He also provides advice regarding governance matters and the fiduciary duties of officers and directors to corporations and their boards.
Over the past few years, David has worked on a number of high-profile deals involving companies in a range of industries, including consumer products and retail, energy, financial services, information technology, and pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
- Warburg Pincus in its acquisitions of:
- Gabriel Brothers, Inc.
- Universal Services of America
- Guardsmark LLC
- Sterigenics, Inc.
- Wencor Group
- Electronic Funds Source
- CROSSMARK Holdings Inc.
- Endurance International Group
- Rural/Metro Corporation
- Hygiena, a Warburg portfolio company, in its acquisition of DuPont’s global food safety diagnostic business.
- Tech Data in its $2.6 billion acquisition of Tech Solutions from Avnet.
- Endurance International Group in its acquisitions of Constant Contact for $1.1 billion, HostGator and the websites business of Intuit.
- Warburg Pincus and its portfolio company Universal Services of America in the merger of Universal Services with AlliedBarton Security Services.
- Warburg Pincus and its portfolio company, Electronics Funds Source, in the $1.5 billion sale of EFS to WEX Inc.
- Honorable Michael B Mukasey, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (1991-1992)
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1991
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business, B.S., 1988
- New York
Rate : $$$$