David Lesser focuses his practice on representing financial institutions in litigation and regulatory matters. He is a highly skilled litigator who has experience handling a wide variety of civil litigation matters, including extensive experience with appellate litigation and defense of complex securities, commodities and consumer banking class actions.
Mr. Lesser has represented clients in cases involving claims arising under securities laws, antitrust, CEA, RICO, FCRA, TILA, contract, and tort law claims, among others. He has also represented financial clients in bank regulatory examination and enforcement matters involving the CFPB, FDIC, OCC, and other federal and state regulators.
He also regularly provides regulatory counseling to financial institutions, including conducting compliance reviews concerning federal and state consumer financial laws.
Mr. Lesser received his JD from Yale Law School in 2001. While pursuing his JD, Mr. Lesser also obtained a graduate M.Phil. degree in American Studies. Upon graduating from law school, he clerked for the Honorable Rosemary Barkett of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Represents large financial institution in connection with all civil litigation arising out of alleged LIBOR manipulation, alleging antitrust, commodities manipulation and other claims
- Represents another large financial institution in connection litigation arising out of alleged CDOR manipulation, alleging antitrust, commodities manipulation and other claims
- Represented large financial institution in connection with litigation concerning alleged market-making of unregistered securities
- Represented large financial institution in connection with consumer class-action litigation concerning forfeiture of credit card rewards points
- Represented two defendant underwriters in connection with 55 industry-wide cases alleging violations of Section 16(b) short swing profit regulations in connection with certain initial public offerings
- Represented large financial institution in connection with consumer class-action litigation arising out of credit-card APR repricing
- Represented numerous large financial institutions in connection with examinations and enforcement actions by various federal regulators including the CFPB, OCC, and FDIC
- Counseled large consumer electronics merchant in connection with review of payment plan and compliance with federal and state consumer financial laws.
- JD, Yale Law School, 2001
- MPhil, Yale University, 1999
- BA, University of Virginia, 1991
ADMISSIONS : New York
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Rosemary Barkett, US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2001 – 2002
Rate : $$$$