David A. Levie represents clients in a wide array of complex civil litigation matters, including antitrust class actions, employment discrimination matters, breach of contract disputes, construction defect actions, and partnership disputes.
David has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, from initial case assessment through trial. He has extensive experience with civil discovery in both state and federal courts, including managing complex e-discovery efforts, taking and defending depositions, drafting and responding to discovery motions and correspondence, and managing document collection, review, and production efforts.
David also has experience conducting and managing expert discovery and class certification in complex civil litigation matters, and with alternative dispute resolution, including mediation.
Prior to attending law school, David was a paralegal at a prominent firm in Washington, DC, where he assisted with various complex litigation matters involving professional malpractice and intellectual property disputes.
While in law school, he served as a legal intern to the Honorable Lynn Leibovitz of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and the Honorable Reggie B. Walton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
He was also a 2014 summer associate in Venable’s Washington, DC, office. He served as the assistant managing editor of the Catholic University Law Review, overseeing the editing and publishing of the student-written scholarly articles.
He received his undergraduate degree in History from Colgate University in 2009 and his J.D., magna cum laude, from The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, in 2015.
- Member of defense team for generic pharmaceutical manufacturer against class action and individual claims under the Sherman Act arising from alleged “reverse payment” settlement of patent litigation in the District of Massachusetts.
- Member of defense team for generic pharmaceutical manufacturer against individual opt-out plaintiff under the Sherman Act arising from alleged “reverse payment” settlement of patent litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Member of defense team for generic pharmaceutical manufacturers against price-fixing antitrust class action and individual claims in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Successfully obtained total dismissal of complaint for equitable relief against a not-for-profit organization in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
- J.D. magna cum laude Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law 2015
- B.A. Colgate University 2009
Bar Admissions : Maryland, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$