David B. Lipner’s practice primarily focuses on the acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing, and development of commercial real estate. David has also worked with clients in handling land use and zoning-related issues.
David earned his J.D., cum laude, from Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, where he was a staff editor for the Temple Law Review. During law school, David served as a honors judicial clerk to the Honorable Juan R. Sanchez of the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania and a judicial intern to the Honorable Anne E. Lazarus of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
At graduation, David received an award for the highest academic achievement in the area of zoning and land development. He received his undergraduate degree from Pennsylvania State University where he majored in international politics.
- Served as lender’s counsel in connection with the origination of a $75 million mortgage loan secured by approximately 600,000 sq. ft. of Class A office and amenity space within a mixed-use development in Delaware County, Pa.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the sale of a portion of a multi-tenant office complex located in Chester County, Pa. and the refinance of the remaining portion of the complex.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust in the sale of the GlaxoSmithKline plc headquarters in the Philadelphia Navy Yard. This was the first sale of a major office property in the Navy Yard to a third-party buyer — and as of the closing date fetched the highest price per square foot for an office property in Philadelphia — and was also part of a 1031 like-kind exchange.
- Represented a newly formed Delaware Special Purpose Entity affiliated with Merion Realty Partners, LLC in connection with its acquisition of The Ledges Apartments in Groton, Conn. In addition to the acquisition, the representation included preparation of the private placement documents, a joint venture agreement, and a substantial agency loan.
- Temple University—James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2016
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2013
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; New Jersey
- Honorable Juan R. Sanchez, U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
AFFILIATIONS : Anti-Defamation League
Rate : $$$$