David Luttinger has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in the insurance coverage field, including extensive trial work in judicial and arbitral forums across the country and internationally. His experience in the coverage area includes disputes over insurance for mass torts, environmental liabilities, large-scale property and business interruption losses, and shareholder lawsuits. Mr. Luttinger has represented clients in the energy, chemical, manufacturing, retail, and financial services sectors.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Holy Cross College, B.A., 1988
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Representative Matters :
- Key member of a trial team in a 2017 bench trial in Los Angeles, California, which resulted in favorable declarations on key coverage issues related to excess insurers’ obligations to cover ITT’s asbestos-related product liability loss.
- Defended an individual at trial in the Southern District of New York against criminal charges of insider trading.
- Lead attorney in an insurance coverage dispute involving a complete loss of a custom-made reactor that the client was building in the United Arab Emirates. Shortly after filing suit on behalf of the insured, the matter was resolved on terms favorable to the client.
- Lead attorney in negotiating a resolution of a political risk insurance claim for a multinational company whose assets were appropriated by Venezuela.
- Lead attorney in first-party/business interruption matter in connection with losses arising out of an earthquake and flooding in Japan.
- Lead attorney in a first-party/business interruption case on behalf of a major retailer in litigation over losses arising from property damage and business interruption.
Rate : $$$