David M. Delpierre is the Co-Chairman of the firm’s Mergers, Acquisitions & Strategic Alliances Practice Group. His commercial law practice includes corporate law, entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, banking and finance, supply and distribution arrangements, private equity, contract negotiation and intellectual property matters.
David has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating commercial real estate transactions, including joint ventures, real estate related private equity fund formation, preferred equity and mezzanine loan investments and investments in real estate mortgage securizations. David also has experience in securities, corporate tax matters and sports entertainment.
- University of Virginia; B.A. with distinction, 1981
- Washington & Lee University School of Law; J.D., 1985
- Virginia Bar Association; Liaison to ABA Young Lawyers Division American Bar Association; former officer of Law Student Division, member of Executive Committee of Young Lawyers Division and National Chairperson of Competitions Committee
- Virginia Arts Festival; Past President
- Physicians for Peace; Board of Directors
- Since 1994, has represented a Fortune 500 company in numerous acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures, both domestically and overseas
- Represented US client in the forest products industry in the acquisition of a public company in Quebec, Canada
- Served as counsel to a consortium of Southeastern, Virginia cities in a bid to secure a professional sports franchise for the region
- Served as counsel to several private equity firms in both fund formation and in portfolio investment transactions
Rate : $$$