David Leonard has more than 25 years of experience in civil litigation, arbitration, and dispute negotiation. He has handled cases in more than a dozen states, including general commercial litigation, complex insurance and bad faith litigation, reinsurance arbitration, engineering and other technically-oriented disputes, fiduciary liability, and other professional liability litigation.
Dave also has experience in intellectual property disputes and patent infringement litigation, the defense of companies in class action litigation, and the prosecution and defense of commercial contract, fraud, and fiduciary claims. He has been lead counsel in lawsuits throughout the Southeast, and has tried cases to verdict in Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana.
As an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, Dave has arbitrated disputes involving commercial contracts and warranties, engineering and product performance, software design, and patent infringement. Dave is the Atlanta office managing shareholder.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- American Arbitration Association
- Fellow, American College of e-Neutrals
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- New York City Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Board of Trustees, Oglethorpe University
- Advisory Board, Oglethorpe University Museum of Art
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., 1975)
- Purdue University (B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1972)
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
Rate : $$$