David Silverman primarily represents and advises communications industry clients, with an emphasis on intellectual property, transactional, regulatory and licensing issues, including trademark, copyright, music licensing, and political broadcasting and cablecasting issues.
He represents clients before the U.S. Trademark and Copyright Offices, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the Federal Communications Commission.
David’s clients include: Alaska Broadcasting Company, Atlantic Media, Charter Communications, Comcast, Corridor Television, The Economist, The Golf Channel, Jerry’s Subs and Pizza, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, Rapid Broadcasting, Three Angels Broadcasting Network, Toronto Blue Jays (Rogers Communications), Up Entertainment, and ZGS Communications, as well as other communications, media, and IP clients.
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Bar Association
- Co-chair, Intellectual Property Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- The Copyright Society of the USA
- Chair, gTLD Legal Rights Objections Subcommittee, Trademark Internet Committee, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- National Association of Broadcasters
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
- M.A., Communications, Northwestern University
- B.A., New College of Florida
Rate : $$$