David M. Wolpin chairs our Local Government Practice Group. He has 40 years of experience in the practice of local government law, including service as assistant city and county attorney, and city attorney. David’s in–house city attorney service includes 11 years as City Attorney for the City of North Miami from 1984-1995.
Since joining the firm in 1995, David has performed city attorney services for many of our clients including, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Cooper City, Homestead and Key Biscayne, and he presently sits with the governing bodies for Aventura and Cooper City.
David has handled a broad range of municipal issues from animal control to zoning. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Drafting of charter amendment texts and ballots for cities including, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Homestead, Key Biscayne, Dania Beach, and Riviera Beach;
- Drafting comprehensive ethics and/or ethics defense ordinances for cities including the City of Aventura, Bal Harbour and Homestead;
- Drafting purchasing procedures for cities including Aventura, Homestead, Cooper City, and key Biscayne;
- Advising clients on implementation of Red Light Camera enforcement programs for cities including, Aventura, Bal Harbour, and Homestead;
- Providing election law advice to cities, including Aventura, Bal Harbour, Cooper City and Homestead; and
- Rendering legal opinions and guidance on compliance with ethics, Sunshine and public records legislation.
David lectures on local government matters including compliance with ethics codes, the sunshine law, the public records act and procurement rules. David was recognized for outstanding pro bono contributions by the Miami- Dade Legal Aid Society in May 2004 in connection with the Put Something Back program.
- South Texas College of Law JD, 1976
- Farleigh Dickinson University, BA, 1973
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association
- Broward League of Cities Scholarship Committee
Rate : $$$