Mr. David J. Marella has extensive experience in representing public and private companies, financial institutions, and governmental agencies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, stock and asset purchase transactions, corporate governance matters, credit facilities, public finance, contract drafting, cross-border transactions, and general corporate matters.
In 2017, Mr. Marella received a presidential political appointment to serve in the leadership role of Advisor to the Executive Director of the President’s Commission, serving in the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, a component of the Executive Office of the President.
In that role, he advised Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey, as he chaired the bipartisan President’s Commission on Combatting Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis, which pursuant to an executive order was to study the scope and effectiveness of the Federal response to the opioid crisis and to make recommendations to President Donald J. Trump for improving that response.
In addressing the historic health crisis, Mr. Marella collaborated with officials from the White House, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Justice, Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Veterans Affairs, and the National Security Council.
While in law school, Mr. Marella participated in the Seton Hall Investor Advocacy Project, a legal clinic focused on FINRA securities arbitration, as well as served as the President of the law school’s Corporate Law Society.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Articles Editor, Seton Hall Legislative Journal
- Presidential Scholarship
- James B. Boskey Memorial Scholarship
- Rutgers University (B.A.)
- Scarlet Scholarship
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Law clerk to the Honorable Paul Innes, Presiding Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, General Equity Part, Trenton, NJ, 2015-2016
- Judicial intern to the Honorable Cathy L. Waldor, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, 2014
- Judicial intern to the Honorable Carolyn E. Wright, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Civil Part, Newark, NJ, 2013
Rate : $$$