David Markey is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. His practice covers a wide range of corporate, commercial and finance matters, including in the areas of renewable energy and project finance.
Mr. Markey represents sponsors, developers, lenders and equity investors in the development, financing and acquisition of energy projects, including solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and conventional power projects.
Mr. Markey also represents clients in a wide range of M&A, financing, and commercial transactions throughout the U.S., Europe and Latin America. In addition, Mr. Markey also represents inbound investors to the U.S. from the U.K., Europe and the Middle East in a variety of sectors.
- Representation of ENGIE in the acquisition of a majority stake of Green Charge Networks; this transaction won M&A Advisor “Energy Deal of the Year” in 2016
- Representation of a large, Middle East-based, energy company in the acquisition of a stake in a 205 MW wind project in Minnesota
- Representation of a Texas-based private equity fund in the sale of a portfolio of energy projects to privately held YieldCo
- Representation of a U.S. solar company in connection with construction, operation and maintenance arrangements for a 70 MW solar project in Northern Chile
- Representation of large Chinese solar developer in the tax equity, construction and back-leverage financing of multiple utility scale solar projects in North Carolina
- Representation of numerous solar developers in the development and financing of distributed generation solar projects across a variety of U.S. states
- Representation of numerous wind developers in the acquisition and sale of more than 5,000 MW of capacity across the U.S., including both individual project and portfolio sales
- Representation of a major U.K. private equity investors in secondary markets transactions involving public/private partnership projects in the U.K.
- Advising privately-held family office in various investments across different jurisdictions
Education and Admissions :
Mr. Markey received an LLB from the University of Durham, England and completed the U.K. Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School. He is admitted to practice law in California and England & Wales.
Representative Matters :
- Foley represented Brite Energy in financing a $200 million Morgan Stanley tax equity fund in residential solar projects in multiple states across the U.S. This investment program in conjunction with MySolar IX, will assist in affordable and clean energy.
- Foley represented Brite Energy in financing a $200 million Morgan Stanley tax equity fund in residential solar projects in multiple states across the U.S.
- This investment program in conjunction with MySolar IX, will assist in affordable and clean energy.
Rate : $$$