David L. Martin is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois. He assists employers and businesses in defending against wrongful termination, harassment, and discrimination claims. He helps clients with the following types of matters :
- Single Plaintiff – Including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Class Action – Including wage and hour, PAGA
- Agency Representation – Including EEOC
Representative cases include :
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving claims of harassment where plaintiff alleged $6.5M in damages.
- Summary Judgment for contractor where plaintiff sought more than $10M in damages.
- Successfully argued before the Second District Court of Appeal, which upheld prior dismissal with prejudice.
Mr. Martin also helps managers and businesses avoid litigation by providing day-to-day advice on navigating human resources issues.
Mr. Martin is an Associate Director of Wescom Central Credit Union. He previously served as a Governing Board Member of the Irvine Valley College Foundation. He also served as the Co-Chair of Astounding Inventions, which is a product invention competition involving more than 4,000 students in the Irvine Unified School District and Tustin Unified School District.
- University of California Los Angeles School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2004
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Wescom Central Credit Union, Associate Director
- Co-Founder of the UCLA Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Orange County Bar Association
- UCLA Law School Reunion Committee
Rate : $$$