Mr. David Martinez represents a wide range of U.S. and international clients in all forms of dispute resolution, with emphasis in the areas of intellectual property, business, antitrust and class action litigation.
Mr. Martinez helps his clients resolve complex business and IP disputes, as well as protect and monetize their intellectual property and manage risk.
His clients range from individuals to start-ups to Fortune 100 companies in the retail, fashion, transportation, financial, entertainment, manufacturing and technology industries, and often include Spanish and other foreign clients interested in developing a presence in the United States.
Mr. Martinez has won a reputation for his fierce commitment to his clients’ interests and to valued legal causes. This commitment has led to significant results for our clients, including recently recovering hundreds of millions in antitrust damages on behalf of a preeminent national retailer, as well as securing the outright dismissal of racketeering claims against civil RICO defendants.
Following service in the U.S. Navy (1986-1990), Mr. Martinez turned to a career in law, graduating cum laude from Southwestern University School of Law, where he served on the Southwestern Law Review.
Despite his heavy commercial litigation caseload, Mr. Martinez has found time to represent hundreds of pro bono clients over the last fifteen years and serves on the Board of California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc., a public interest law firm championing the rights of the rural poor. He also is a prolific author and frequently lectures on intellectual property and other matters.
During his personal time, Mr. Martinez enjoys hiking, swimming, and skydiving, and loves spending time with his wife and raising their three sons.
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., (1997)
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A. (1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- USC Gould School of Law IP Institute, Planning Committee
Rate : $$$$