Attorney David G. Mengers graduated from the University of Florida College of Law with honors in 1985. While in law school, he made Dean’s List five times, won two Book Awards and earned an American Jurisprudence Award.
He began practicing law in 1986. He is a board-certified criminal trial lawyer, one of only five such attorneys in Ocala, Florida.
He has extensive successful trial experience in both state and federal court.
He has lectured in different forums on various legal topics, including DUI defense, voir dire (jury selection) and appeals.
David Mengers is a recognized expert in criminal law. He has tried hundreds of jury trials in state courts in Marion County, Citrus County and Alachua County. He has tried federal cases in Gainesville, Ocala and Orlando.
Currently, he is the president of the Marion County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and is a past member of the board of directors of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida – 1985
- Ohio University – 1981
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Marion County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, President
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$