Mr. David J. Miller is an experienced environmental attorney who focuses his practice on environmental litigation, regulatory, and corporate transactional matters, including site remediation, transaction-triggered environmental responsibilities and due diligence issues.
He has handled such matters for multi-national corporations, state and national developers, and individual landowners before both state and federal agencies and courts. He also has litigation experience handling regulatory compliance matters, toxic tort cases, and other related hazardous substance regulatory matters.
Most recently, Mr. Miller completed service for the state of New Jersey as Senior Counsel at the Office of Governor Philip D. Murphy and previously served as Director of Operations for the Governor’s transition office prior to inauguration.
During his time in the Governor’s Office, he handled environmental and energy legislation and issues within the Office of the Chief Counsel to the Governor, which involved a critical role in several important initiatives, including the Administration’s offshore wind and other clean energy initiatives.
In this role, he also had significant interfacing with the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities. In addition, he served as appointments counsel and oversaw the Governor’s vetting process for judicial and prosecutorial candidates statewide. Mr. Miller draws on this experience in counseling clients regarding environmental legal issues.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden (J.D., cum laude)
- Recipient, the Neil Wise Award for Excellence in the Study of Environmental Law
- Environmental Law Society; President, 2011-2012; 1L Representative, 2010-2011
- Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy; Managing Articles Editor, 2012; Staff Editor, 2011
- The College of New Jersey (B.A.)
- Phi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society
- Sigma Iota Rho International Studies Honor Society
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Stewart G. Pollack Environmental American Inn of Court
- Associate, 2014-present
Rate : $$$