David K. Mroz practices all aspects of patent law in a wide spectrum of technologies. He represents innovative companies in complex, high-risk litigations at both the trial and appellate levels and knows how to strategically build and present a clients case to a judge or jury.
In U.S. district courts, David has tried cases to verdict and managed both the liability and damages phases of patent litigation. He has examined witnesses at jury trials, argued at motion and claim construction proceedings, drafted briefs on dispositive issues, taken depositions, and prepared corporate and expert witnesses to testify. Davids experience extends to the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), where he has litigated at all stages of investigations, including trial.
David has also argued and drafted numerous briefs at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, where he previously served as a clerk. He also clerked at the Eastern District of Virginia. At the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), David has procured patents through prosecution and successfully represented parties in post-grant proceedings such as inter partes reviews (IPR) and ex parte reexaminations.
In addition to intellectual property disputes, David works with clients to strategically develop and license patent portfolios worldwide, often with the goal of avoiding or ending litigation. He also helps clients navigate competitors patent rights by providing opinions of counsel on patent infringement, patent validity, and other intellectual property issues.
- University of Virginia School of Law J.D., 2008
- Princeton University B.S., Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, Hon. Randall Ray Rader
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Virginia, Hon. Liam O’Grady
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, D. New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- Giles S. Rich American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$$