David Bigelow specializes in the areas of personal injury, business torts and product liability litigation against many of America’s largest corporations, including General Motors, Sempra Energy, Wyeth, Pfizer, Merck, BMW, Coldwell Banker, Bayer, Blue Cross and Michelin.
In 2004, he was co-lead trial counsel in the only case tried in California concerning the diabetes drug Rezulin. From 2003 to 2006, Mr. Bigelow oversaw the firm’s mass tort litigation against the manufacturers of the pharmaceuticals Baycol, Rezulin, Fen-Phen and Vioxx.
He has obtained multi-million dollar verdicts in both product liability and personal injury cases, including two verdicts for childhood sexual abuse by agents of the Masonic Home for Children in California.
The verdicts included the first punitive damage award in Los Angeles County under California’s statute reviving childhood sexual abuse claims.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, J.D. – 1995
- Whittier College, B.A. – 1976
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- California Commission on Access to Justice, Member, 2008
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Board of Governors, 2006 – 2010
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Culver-Marina Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Public Justice
Rate : $$$