David Feldman concentrates his practice on corporate and securities law and mergers and acquisitions, as well as general representation of publicand private companies, entrepreneurs, investors, and private equity and venture capital firms. Mr. Feldman also advises emerging growth companies with regard to alternatives to traditional financing through initial public offerings.
He is also considered an authority on public offerings through the recently implemented SEC Regulation A+. Mr. Feldman also represents investors, social media sites, public and private issuers and applicants for grow and dispensary licenses in the emerging cannabis industry.
Mr. Feldman has authored four books on finance and entrepreneurship, and contributed to three other books. His latest book, Regulation A+ and Other Alternatives to a Traditional IPO (John Wiley & Sons), was published in March 2018.
Mr. Feldman is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, and of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He has served as chair of the board of Wharton’s global alumni association. Mr. Feldman discusses his practice in this featured video.
- Represented The Lovesac Company (NASDAQ: LOVE), a technology-driven modular furniture designer and manufacturer, in its $64.4 million initial public offering.
- Assisted The Lovesac Company, a furniture retailer specializing in patented modular furniture systems, in successfully completing a multi-million dollar private placement of preferred stock and warrants to various funds and private investors.
- Assisted Surna Inc. in completing a $2,685,000 private placement of investment units, each unit consisting of one share of common stock and a warrant to purchase one share of common stock.
- Representing a Massachusetts based cannabis grower/management company in a $6 million private securities offering.
- Represented public issuer Minn Shares, Inc. in its change of control transaction with Titan CNG LLC.
- Represented VirnetX Inc. in its going public transaction. It later settled a patent claim with Microsoft for more than $200 million.
- Represented Eastern Air Lines Group Inc. in $2.5 million private placement.
- Represented JDF Capital LLC in approximately 12 investments in convertible notes issued by public companies in amounts up to $500,000 each.
- Represented supermodel Carol Alt in endorsement deal for nutritional supplement with an equity ownership in the business.
- Represented public vehicle in going public transaction of Puma Biotechnology.
- Represented a nuclear waste disposal company in the sale of a business unit to a nuclear services provider.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1985
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, B.S., Economics, 1982
Admissions : New York
- Crowdfunding Professional Association
- Association for Corporate Growth, New York Chapter
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Rate : $$$$