David M. O’Dell, Chair of the Patent Trials and Counseling Practice Group, has more than 20 years of experience as a patent lawyer, including participating in inter partes review (IPRs), negotiating patent licenses, and preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
David has filed more than 100 petitions for IPR, which makes him one of the most prolific attorneys representing IPR petitioners before the United States Patent Trials and Appeals Board (PTAB). David’s technical areas of experience include semiconductor processing, circuit design, computer software and hardware, and telecommunications.
Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, David was a professional engineer and worked for several years in the electronics industry as a computer memory designer, semiconductor product engineer, and computer programmer.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1995
- Electrical Engineer, University of Texas at Austin, 1987
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Phi Delta Phi legal honor society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Dallas/Fort Worth Patent Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Rate : $$$$