Mr. David W. Opderbeck is a Professor of Law at Seton Hall University School of Law and Director of the Gibbons Institute of Law, Science & Technology. He focuses his practice on cybersecurity and computer law, privacy and civil rights, intellectual property, legal malpractice, and professional ethics.
Mr. Opderbeck has been awarded the Certified International Privacy Professional US (CIPP/US) designation by the International Association of Privacy Professionals. He frequently appears in national and international media outlets and lectures to law enforcement agencies and other groups on cybercrime, cyberterrorism, and civil liberties.
Professor Opderbeck’s passion for cybersecurity law and policy resulted in a multi-year grant-funded project, at Seton Hall University School of Law, sponsored by the Bergen County, New Jersey Prosecutor’s Office, which included new courses, continuing legal education programs, and the creation of a governmental working group on cybersecurity and cybercrime.
- University of Nottingham (Ph.D.)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., Trade Regulation)
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Editor-in-Chief, Seton Hall Legislative Journal
- Gordon College (B.A.)
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of International Trade
- Certified International Privacy Professional – US by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
Rate : $$$