David Burke practices in the areas of federal, state, and international taxation planning, and business planning; state and federal tax controversies, including tax audits and appeals before the Internal Revenue Service and The Florida Department of Revenue; and tax litigation in the U.S. Tax Court (and other federal courts) and Florida courts.
David has extensive experience in representing buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions, with emphasis in tax planning to reduce risks and create value. He also counsels and assists estate planning lawyers in wealth transfer planning for high net worth individuals. He is board certified in Taxation by The Florida Bar.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 1982)
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University (J.D., with honors, 1980)
- Cleveland State University (B.A., with honors, 1977)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Board Certified in Taxation
- Section of Taxation Executive Council (1986-to present)
- Assistant Director, Tax Educational Division (2001-present)
- Chair of various Committees and Task Forces
- American Bar Association
- Section of Taxation
- Committee on State and Local Taxes
- Rotary Club of Tampa
Rate : $$$$