David Thatcher is a seasoned litigation attorney who represents clients in sophisticated business litigation matters. He also advises employers concerning all aspects of employment law and litigation. In his over 20-year career he has obtained favorable results for clients ranging from the successful federal trial of an international business transaction to winning summary judgment in a multi-million dollar fraud claim.
Mr. Thatcher’s depth of experience provides his clients with a wealth of knowledge for making wise business decisions, whether dealing with the structure of a new employment policy or developing a strategy for litigation.
- J.D., cum laude, Mercer University, 1991
- B.S., Mercer University, 1988
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
Mr. Thatcher has litigated cases and appeared in federal and state courts across the country, including a number of cases New York, California, Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, Massachusetts, Florida, Iowa, Wisconsin, and many others.
In representing clients in business litigation and in trials, his cases have related to the purchase and sale of companies, officer and director liability, securities and investment fraud cases, the purchase and sale of assets, the sale of restricted securities, asset securitization, preferential transfers, fraud, breach of contract, and negligence.
In addition, Mr. Thatcher has obtained successful results for his clients in trade name and copyright infringement cases, including prosecuting cases under the Lanham Act, the Copyright Act, and the Architectural Works Copyright Protection Act.
Some of the significant results Mr. Thatcher has obtained include:
- Achieved dismissal of claims filed by fifteen employees in multi-million dollar fraud and breach of contract case
- Achieved summary judgment of claims filed by investor against executive officer of client
- Obtained significant settlement payment and restrictive covenant terms is resolution of trade secret misappropriation case
- Obtained dismissal of all claims in defense of trade secrets case filed in federal district court after plaintiff rested its case
- Achieved summary judgment for employer in whistleblower case
- Obtained full settlement in securities fraud case and pay back of redemptions (claw back) from other investors
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
Rate : $$$$