David Patton is Co-Chair of the Firm’s Energy Practice Group. He has over 40 years of experience in various legal aspects of the oil and gas industry, including acquisitions and sales of assets or equity interests, drafting and negotiating leases, contracts, and agreements related to field operations.
David has represented clients in connection with surface use conflicts, day to day exploration and development activities, and the resolution of oil and gas disputes. He is a frequent speaker on oil and gas issues and is active in the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation and the State Bar of Texas.
Professional Affiliations :
- Program Chair, State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section 75th Anniversary Celebration (October 2013)
- Program Chair, Ernest E. Smith Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Institute, University of Texas, (2009 & 2011)
- Planning Committee, Ernest E. Smith Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Institute, University of Texas (2009 – 2017)
- Executive Committee, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (2009 – 2011)
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Advisory Board of the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas and Energy Law
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Director, South Texas Chapter, Federal Bar Association (2002 – 2005)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1977
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1973
Admissions : Texas, 1977
Rate : $$$