David Stone Phelps represents clients in the acquisition, development, financing and restructuring of various real estate projects. He advises international and domestic clients, including:
- institutional real estate companies
- capital providers
- private equity investors
- owners and operators.
He counsels them on:
- venture formation
- equity financing
- construction and permanent financing
- workouts and restructuring
His work has included representing clients with regard to all types of hotels, resorts, branded condominiums, clubs and timeshares, spas, casinos and golf courses, among others, as well as office, multiunit residential (luxury apartments and student housing), industrial, medical office and shopping center projects.David is experienced in multimillion-dollar complex joint venture transactions and has particular depth in representing owners/developers and equity investors in structuring complex joint ventures for acquisition and development of individual and multiple properties and fund and portfolio transactions.
His clients include international and domestic financial institutions, pension plans and private equity sources and their advisors, major investment funds, private real estate owners and developers, home office and sovereign wealth funds, real estate investment trusts and affordable housing investors and developers.
- Focuses on real estate transactions, primarily representing private equity funds, capital markets clients and other institutional investors.
- Emphasis on the hospitality sector.
- Active participant in ALIS (Americas Lodging Investment Summit) and NYU Hotel Conference.
- Member, Real Property Section, Los Angeles Bar Association.
- Member, California Bar Association.
- Member, Stanford Professionals in Real Estate (SPIRE).
- Active participant in Heal the Bay.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 1986
- B.A., Stanford University, with honors, 1982
Rate : $$$