David Philip Korteling is an accomplished attorney with a diverse background in law, accounting, finance, and business. He proudly represents clients in different areas of law with a focus on estate planning, probate, and business litigation.
With over 22 years of legal experience, Mr. Korteling has built a reputation for providing high-quality integrated legal services across multiple practice areas with the experience, resources, and competence that are only usually found in larger, more reputable firms.
A graduate of Washington College of Law, Mr. Korteling started his legal career as an associate in an estate planning and business law firm that served as in-house counsel for a regional accounting firm.
He went on to become a partner at a boutique litigation firm and eventually, a partner at a mid-sized law firm in Bethesda where Mr. Korteling handled business law, tax, litigation, and family law.
He is admitted to practice in Maryland, Virginia, and the U.S. District Court of Columbia, U.S. District Court of Maryland, U.S. Eastern District Court of Virginia, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Tax Court, and U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Korteling founded the Law Offices of David P. Korteling to provide clients in Rockville and throughout Montgomery County the dedicated and experienced legal counsel and representation they deserve in facing legal matters concerning their family, business, and future.
His proven track record of success in and out of court has earned him the trust and respect not only of his clients but also his peers and other reputable legal associations. In fact, Mr. Korteling is also of Counsel to Axelson, Williamowsky, Bender & Fishman, P.C., a well-known firm in Maryland.
- Georgetown University Law Center – LL.M. (Taxation)
- Washington College of Law, The American University – J.D. (cum laude)
- Georgia State University – B.B.A. (Finance)
- Modifying the Internal Revenue Service’s Approach to Resolving Tax Disputes, 7 Admin. L.J. Am.U. 659
- Note and Comment Editor, The Administrative Law Journal of The American University
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
Rate : $$$