David A. Picon is a seasoned advocate for financial services firms, as well as public and private companies. He is a partner in the Litigation Department and a trial lawyer who has led dozens of trials and arbitration hearings, primarily for financial services firms.
David’s practice covers a range of matters, including complex securities issues, fraudulent transfer actions, alleged Ponzi schemes, and contract and employment-related disputes. He is also co-chair of the Financial Services Group and a member of the Corporate Defense Group.
David appears in numerous judicial and administrative forums and represents financial services firms in investigations brought by the SEC, FINRA and other regulatory bodies. He also has broad experience in defending companies and directors in shareholder derivative actions and breach of fiduciary duty claims by shareholders.
In addition, David has substantial counseling and trial experience in the areas of general commercial and sports-related disputes. David is a frequent speaker on matters related to the financial services industry and the co-author of “Broker-Dealer Litigation and Arbitration,” Chapter 86 of the multi-volume treatise, Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1986
- Emory University, B.A., 1983
Admissions & Qualifications : New York, New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York City Bar
Rate : $$$