David A. Pisciotta has substantial experience in a broad range of bankruptcy matters representing creditors, debtors, purchasers asset purchasers, and foreign representatives.
Representative Matters :
- Represented Swiss private bank in several lawsuits brought by the liquidator of the largest feeder funds to Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities to recover redemption payments allegedly paid to the bank as nominee on behalf of its customers.
- Advised lenders to the stalking horse bidder in auction of debtors’ mortgage loan servicing platform, in the bankruptcy case of In re Residential Capital, LLC (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.) and its related debtors, which sold at competitive auction for approximately $3 billion.
- Represented consortium of funds as bidder on a portfolio of whole loans and HELOCs in the bankruptcy case of In re Residential Capital, LLC (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.) and its related debtors, which ultimately sold at auction for approximately $1.5 billion.
- Acted as special litigation counsel $2 billion coal-fired power plant chapter 11 debtor in contentious litigation with EPC contractors.
- Advised financial institutions on bankruptcy issues potentially affecting various structured financing transactions.
- Seton Hall University, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2009, Seton Hall Circuit Review
- Rutgers College, B.A., 2002
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$