David Clark focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and other corporate and securities matters. He has advised public and private companies and their boards, real estate investment trusts and private equity firms in negotiated and contested domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, spin-offs and reorganizations.
Mr. Clark also represents issuers and underwriters in debt and equity securities offerings. Mr. Clark has advised, among others:
- Cardinal Health in its $6.1 billion acquisition of Medtronic’s patient product portfolio;
- Sara Lee in connection with the spin-off and redomestication of its international coffee and tea operations in a transaction valued in excess of $13 billion;
- CME Group in its:
- proposed $820 million acquisition of GFI Group, related $165 million sale of GFI’s interdealer broker business to a group formed by management of GFI and response to interloper bids; and
- Ball Corporation in the:
- $675 million joint venture with Platinum Equity involving Ball’s U.S. food and aerosol packaging business;
- divestitures of its paint and general line business and specialty tin manufacturing business; and
- financing transactions in connection with its $6.9 billion acquisition of Rexam PLC;
- InvenTrust Properties in its:
- $1.41 billion sale of its student housing platform, University House, to a joint venture that includes Scion and CPPIB;
- series of self-management transactions with the Inland Group for the $12 billion REIT;
- Werner in the international restructuring of its manufacturing and distribution operations; and
- Baxter International, Ecolab, Ball Corporation and AutoNation in several debt offerings.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Clark is active in the community, including with the Lyric Young Professionals of the Lyric Opera of Chicago and the board of directors of the Neighbors of West Loop organization.
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, 2010 (summa cum laude; Managing Editor, Indiana Law Review)
- B.A., Ohio State University, 2007 (cum laude)
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$$