David Ruffner’s practice includes complex commercial and health care litigation with a concentration in employment law. David joined the Firm following his graduation from the University of Miami School of Law and works in Lash & Goldberg LLP’s Miami office.
David has assisted in the defense of numerous contested matters in the employment space both in arbitration and in court, including disability, discrimination and wrongful termination cases. He also represents employers in the prosecution and defense of matters involving restrictive covenants, non-competition clauses, trade secrets, and confidentiality agreements.
In addition to his employment practice, David advises and represents clients in international business disputes, insolvency, receivership and bankruptcy proceedings, and complex insurance matters.
Prior to joining Lash & Goldberg LLP, David served as a certified legal intern with the Florida Attorney General’s Office, Criminal Appeals Division, in Miami-Dade County, where he argued several cases before the Third District Court of Appeal. While in law school, David was an active member of the Moot Court Board, where he competed in numerous interschool and intra-school competitions before state and federal judges.
David was selected for membership in the Order of Barristers, a national honorary organization that recognizes law students who have excelled in moot court and mock trial activities.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts Boston, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers and Labor and Employment sections
- Dade County Bar Association
- Order of the Barristers
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
Rate : $$$