Of Counsel with the Firm, David R. Rodgers has a general real estate practice, including zoning and land use, leasing, acquisition/disposition and other real estate matters for private and public sector clients.
His experience includes extensive work in design, construction and procurement for commercial, institutional and public sector development. David has been recognized as a leader in his field by Chambers USA.
Representative Experience :
- Represented the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority in structuring and implementing design and construction procurements and preparing contract documents for its major building projects, including the Hynes Convention Center in Boston and the $800 million Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, the largest public project in Massachusetts to use the construction manager at-risk project delivery method.
- Represents a national health care system on leasing, construction and other real estate matters, including development of master form contracts for project management, design, construction and property management.
- Represents a major urban university on real estate matters, including a $100M+ dormitory developed in partnership with a commercial developer and structured as a build-to-suit lease.
- Represented the City of Newton, Massachusetts in connection with procurement and preparation and negotiation of contract documents for the project manager, designer, and construction manager at-risk for the City’s Newton North High School project, with a project cost in excess of $190 million.
- Represented the developers of a luxury hotel/condominium project in Rhode Island ($75 million construction cost), including contract packaging, drafting and negotiation for engagement of the project designer, site-work contractor and CM at-risk.
- Represented the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority (PRHTA) in developing and implementing the procurement process for the Authority’s $2.3 billion rail mass-transit system in San Juan, known as Tren Urbano, completed under seven large design-build contracts; David’s work included preparation of a unique contract for privatized operation and maintenance of the completed transit system.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association, Construction Industry Forum and Public Contract Law Section
Rate : $$$