David Drobner, concentrates his practice in commercial leasing, including negotiating and drafting complex commercial leases, subleases and assignments or other transfers of retail and office space. He has extensive experience with ground, warehouse and mixed-use leases, and other hybrids such as hotel retail projects.
Mr. Drobner has negotiated collateralizing documentation for leasehold estates and as security for debt, memoranda of leases, subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements, estoppels, amendments and terminations.
- Served as commercial leasing counsel for an international commercial investment advisor to funds, REITs and pensions with a focus on day-to-day ownership decisions, including retail and office lease negotiations representing the ownership of approximately 70 medium to regional sized retail shopping centers in multiple states.
- Served as principal commercial leasing counsel for a locally owned downtown Miami high-tech building.
- Served as counsel for commercial Florida bank-branch leasing for a U.S. major national banking institution.
- Serve as landlord’s counsel in connection with anchor and junior anchor deals (new lease, expansions, contractions, relocations, extensions, terminations, assignments) at multiple U.S. shopping centers.
- Handled anchor deal leasing transactions in an Illinois shopping center redevelopment, negotiating with various national retailers including Panera, Home Depot, and Petco.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1985
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., with highest honors, 1982
Admissions : Florida
- The Florida Bar
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Rate : $$$