David Park is a senior associate in Alston & Bird’s Financial Services & Products Group and focuses his practice on the representation of public and private financial institutions in securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, underwritings, corporate formations, and other extraordinary corporate transactions.
His practice also includes advising clients in the financial services industry on general corporate and regulatory matters, including ongoing SEC compliance requirements, corporate governance issues, and other corporate and securities matters.
Before joining Alston & Bird, David worked at two leading Korean law firms and at the SEC’s Office of International Affairs. David is fluent in Korean and advises both Korean corporations and financial institutions on a host of corporate issues.
David received his J.D., with honors, in 2011 from The George Washington University Law School, where he served as an editor of the International Law in Domestic Courts.
He received his joint M.A. in East Asian studies, magna cum laude, in 2008 from UCLA and Korea University under a fellowship awarded by the National Security Education Program at the U.S. Department of Defense.
David received his B.A. in political science, summa cum laude, from UC Riverside in 2005. He is admitted to practice law in Georgia and is a member of the Georgia and Atlanta Bar Associations.
- The George Washington University (J.D., 2011)
- Korea University (M.A., 2008, 2008)
- University of California, Los Angeles (M.A., 2008)
- University of California, Riverside (B.A., 2005)
Bar Admissions : Georgia
- Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Korean-American Bar Association of Georgia
- International Association of Korean Lawyers
- Korean American Scholarship Foundation, board
Rate : $$$$