David H. Saltzman concentrates his practice on international tax matters. He advises multinational business enterprises, financial institutions, investment funds and global investors on the international and domestic tax aspects of cross-border private equity transactions, M&A, and business restructurings.
Well-versed in innovative, multi-jurisdictional capital financing structures, David also regularly counsels clients on the tax aspects of financial products, capital markets transactions and investments in U.S. and non-U.S. real estate.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1993
- AB, with Highest Distinction, University of Michigan, 1989; Phi Beta Kappa
- Massachusetts, 2012
- New York, 1998
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- International Fiscal Association; Chair, New England Region of U.S. Branch (2018-2020)
- Boston Tax Forum
- New York State Bar Association – Tax Section
- Boston Bar Association
- Represented Altice USA on $6.75bn refinancing in Connection With the Combination of its Suddenlink (Cequal) and Optimum(Cablevision) Businesses Under a Single Credit Silo.
- Represented Shire plc in connection with its $32 billion combination with Baxalta, a business spun out of Baxter International, for a combination of cash and stock.
- Acted for Pfizer in its $14 billion acquisition of Medivation, a commercial-stage oncology company and in its $17 billion acquisition of Hospira, Inc, as well as in related asset dispositions.
- Acted for Bain Capital in connection with its sale of Blackhawk Specialty Tools, a provider of equipment and services to the oil and gas industries, to Frank’s International, the Dutch oil services company.
- Acted for TPG in its $8 billion sale of Par Pharmaceutical to Dublin based global specialty pharmaceutical company, Endo International plc, for a combination of cash and stock.
- Acted for the junior creditors and equity holder of Peermont Group, a South African developer and operator of hotels, resorts and casinos, in connection with its financial restructuring.
- Represented Mattress Firm, the largest U.S. speciality mattress retailer, in connection with its $4 billion sale to South African based international retailer, Steinhoff International.
- Acted for Bain Capital in the sale of Domino’s Pizza Japan, Domino’s Australia, and the sale of 49.9% of Bellsystem24 to Itochu Corporation.
- Acted for Novavax in its cross-border tender offer for the outstanding shares of Isconova, a Sweden-based public vaccine adjuvant company.
Rate : $$$