David Sandler is a litigation associate, whose practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, cybersecurity and data privacy, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Sandler joined Debevoise in 2014. Prior to joining the firm, he served as Special Assistant to the President and Associate Counsel in the White House Counsel’s Office, where he served from 2011 to 2014. At the White House, he developed compliance programs and counseled White House officials on a wide range of risk management and compliance issues. He also advised on a range of legal policy issues, including data privacy, whistleblowers, open government, and environmental law.
From 2008 to 2011, Mr. Sandler worked as a litigation associate with an international law firm, in Washington, D.C., where he defended clients in congressional investigations and commercial litigation.
Mr. Sandler received a J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2008, where he was a Kent and Stone Scholar and an editor of the Journal of Law and Social Problems. He received a B.A. cum laude from Yale in 2003.
- A global shoe and apparel company in a federal corruption investigation.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian, and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- A substantial shareholder of a Hong Kong listed company in her misrepresentation claim to rescind transactions through which her shares in the listed company were transferred to a U.S. company.
- An accounting company in an internal whistleblower investigation.
- Pernod Ricard, in obtaining dismissal of ownership claims filed by a Russian Federation entity related to the Stolichnaya trademark.
- Viacom in a negotiated resolution with the New York State Attorney General relating to compliance of Viacom websites with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Special Litigation Committee of SandRidge Energy’s Board of Directors in the investigation of allegations made in pending derivative lawsuits.
- A global technology company and its former General Counsel in litigation involving encrypted data on a mobile device and related Congressional testimony.
- Columbia Law School, 2008, J.D.
- Yale University, 2003, B.A.
- New York
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$