David E. Schoenfeld has been privileged to represent sophisticated clients in complex commercial litigation, including insurance coverage disputes, environmental claims, class actions involving financial, employment and product liability issues, unfair competition and Lanham Act claims, and enforcement of non-compete/non-solicitation clauses.
Dave has appeared in trial and bankruptcy courts in more than a dozen states and handled appeals in the U.S. Supreme Court and two state supreme courts as well as five federal and four state appellate courts. He has relished the opportunity to lead large defense groups and pursue creative and novel theories against able opponents.
Clients, who describe him as “versatile and tenacious,” rely on Dave’s proven ability to resolve contentious high-stakes multiparty disputes through arbitration and mediation. One client told Chambers USA that Dave is “very easy to work with, responsive and very smart.
He is efficient in both litigation and in creatively engineering settlements in very complex matters.” “He is the full package: he is a smart, strategic negotiator and good in court,” still another client told Chambers USA.
- J.D., Washington University, 1985
- Executive Note & Comment Editor, Washington University Law Quarterly
- B.A., cum laude, Carleton College, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Fellow, American College of Coverage Counsel
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, Additional Insureds Subcommittee
- Co-Chair, Claim Litigation Management Alliance, Bad Faith Litigation Committee, Program Subcommittee
- Immediate Past President, Board of Directors, Chicago Appleseed Fund for Justice
- Past member, Board of Governors, Chicago Council of Lawyers (also served on Federal and State Court Evaluation Committees)
- City/University Committee, City of Evanston
- Chief Judge Donald D. Alsop, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota (1985-87).
Rate : $$$$