David I. Schultz represents private equity investors and other public and private companies in complex transformative business transactions. These transactions include domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, recapitalizations, minority investments, proxy contests and other complex corporate transactions.
David also regularly advises institutional investors, corporations, their boards of directors and special board committees in connection with corporate governance and compliance matters, stockholder activism, takeover preparedness and other corporate matters.
David has substantial experience in a broad range of industries, including technology, biotechnology, telecommunications, fashion/apparel, healthcare and entertainment, and is supported by experts in the fields of tax, intellectual property, anti-trust, environmental, investment funds, employee benefits and a wide variety of other specialty practices areas.
- Representation of MHR Fund Management in its investments in Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., Loral Space & Communications Inc., Navistar International Corporation, Northern Offshore Ltd., Titan International, Inc., Leap Wireless International, Inc., Emisphere Technologies and other public and private companies and joint ventures
- Representation of MHR Fund Management in the sale of Foresight Therapeutics, Inc.to Shire plc for $300 million
- Representation of Avenue Capital Group in its investments in YRC Worldwide Inc., Ambow Education Holding Ltd. and Quiznos, Inc.
- Representation of SHL Investment Group (USA), Inc. in its acquisitions of and investments in fashion and apparel companies
- Representation of Alibaba Group in its investments in 1stdibs.com
- Representation of MakerBot Industries in its US$600 million merger with Stratasys, Inc.
- Representation of Precision Castparts in its US$2.9 billion acquisition of Titanium Metals via an all-cash tender offer
- NewQuest Capital Partners in connection with its investment in China Hydroelectric Corporation, including negotiation and settlement of shareholder proxy contest
- Representation of Tix Corporation in connection with negotiation and settlement of contest for corporate control with significant stockholder
- Representation of Och-Ziff Capital Management and Farallon Capital Management in connection with its acquisition of Solidus Networks, a biometric-authenticated personalized marketing and payment services provider
- Representation of Jacobson Partners in its acquisition of the North American forging operations of Metaldyne Corporation
- New York
- New York University, J.D., 2001: Dean’s Scholar; Moot Court Board, Case Book Division
- University of Michigan, B.A., History, 1997: Angell Scholar
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$