David Shannon is a partner in the New York and Fort Lauderdale offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. Mr. Shannon has a record of achievement in a wide variety of corporate transactions including: mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate restructurings, banking and finance, securities regulation, and federal, state and local taxation with a focus on Business Aviation.
Mr. Shannon’s Business Aviation expertise involves structuring and negotiating purchase agreements for business aircraft for domestic and international corporations, as well as high-net-worth clients and family offices. Mr. Shannon has negotiated the purchase and sale of twin-engine business airplanes, large long-range business jets, and helicopters for Fortune 500 and non-profit clients.
He has negotiated complex finance documents with leading global banks and also successfully represented clients regarding multi-million-dollar sales tax liability matters. In Washington, D.C., Mr. Shannon’s practice included his interaction with federal auditors concerning the audit of a government-owned airline by the Internal Revenue Service for the non-payment of federal excise taxes.
In addition, Mr. Shannon serves as a technical resource analyzing corporate entities related to business planning strategies, reviewing estate and gift tax issues, and providing legal and accounting advice to high-net-worth clients.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Master of Laws in Taxation, 2009
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2004
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 2001
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, District of Columbia, New York
- National Business Aviation Association – Premium Member,
- National Aircraft Resale Association
- Westchester Aviation Association
- South Florida Business Aviation Association
Community Activities :
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Young President
- Florida Citrus Sports- Scouting Committee
- Lott IMPACT Trophy Voter – Honoring College Football’s Defensive Best in Character and Performance
- Eagle Scout
Rate : $$$$