David J. Sheehan is a veteran trial lawyer who has received national recognition for his achievements in law and who remains at the forefront of major, ongoing global cases. Throughout his career, David has litigated cases in federal and state courts before judges and juries.
He brings rich experience to his clients, including trial preparation for litigation, and he focuses his work in the areas of intellectual property, complex commercial litigation and bankruptcy.
David is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. He has been listed as one of The Best Lawyers in America© since 2003.
- Led the representation of a major publishing firm in a putative class action brought by an author alleging breach of contract and breach of good faith and fair dealing of the foreign royalties provision of a publishing agreement. The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York agreed with the publishing firm’s arguments that its calculation of foreign royalties and conduct was consistent with the express terms of the publishing agreement and dismissed the action with prejudice. The Second Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed. The outcome avoided a potentially costly and protracted class action against the client.
- Served as counsel to an American multinational manufacturing conglomerate in an environmental litigation in the District of New Jersey involving hexavalent chromium contamination. Litigation involved issues related to consent decrees, attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred in connection with remediation issues, and monitoring of contaminated sites that the client was required to clean and maintain.
- Acted as lead defense counsel in dozens of drug product liability cases in New Jersey for a large pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in a Federal District Court matter in the Central District of California focusing on the breach of a Toll Manufacturing Agreement and a related Patent Licensing Agreement.
- Serving as lead trial counsel for a nationally known manufacturer of physical fitness equipment in a patent trial before a jury in the Federal District Court in Boston.
- Was lead trial counsel for an Atlantic City casino client in connection with a 10-month trial of antitrust and real estate claims in the Superior Court of Atlantic County, New Jersey.
- Served as the trial lawyer for an automobile manufacturer in an 11-week jury trial of a product liability matter in the Federal District Court of New Jersey.
- Serving as counsel to a major publishing corporation in connection with a trademark and copyright infringement matter in the Southern District of New York.
- American College of Trial Lawyers: Fellow
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, with honors; Phi Delta Phi; Managing Editor, Rutgers Law Review
- B.A., Seton Hall University
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$