David L. Staab is an associate in the Restructuring Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. Since joining the firm in 2014, he has represented debtors, secured creditors, private equity funds, landlords, and unsecured creditor committees, among others, in a wide range of corporate restructurings. David has experience representing clients in a broad range of industries, including retail, aviation, energy, healthcare, hospitality, and lodging.
Prior to attending Vanderbilt University Law School, David gained industry experience while pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and a Master of Taxation from Baylor University. His experience with a large oil and gas producer and a Big-4 public accounting firm help bring a perspective that is mindful of clients’ needs.
Apart from his work on behalf of clients of the firm, David is active in the legal community and with various volunteer opportunities. In the summer of 2013 David worked with a team of Haynes and Boone lawyers to obtain full asylum for a Democratic Republic of Congo native who was persecuted for promoting democracy in his home country. David is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, and the Tarrant County Bar Association.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2014, Development Editor, Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review
- M.Tax, Baylor University, 2011
- B.B.A., Accounting, Baylor University, 2011, summa cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2014
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$