Pillsbury Litigation partner David Stanton is renowned for his command of the latest technologies and industry best practices in the rapidly emerging fields where law and technology intersect.
Leading the firm’s Information Law & Electronic Discovery practice, David employs a multidisciplinary approach to handle operational and legal challenges of large datasets in litigation, internal investigations, due diligence and information governance projects.
Experienced in cybersecurity, privacy and incident response, he collaborates with in-house lawyers and IT professionals on implementing robust information management programs and litigation readiness procedures.
David also advises on enforcement actions, securities arbitrations, regulatory examinations, insider trading and related litigation, and regulatory compliance.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Counseling a Japanese heavy industries company in an internal investigation of a Brazil shipbuilding venture to ascertain FCPA exposure and related liabilities. Matter involves 5 million documents in various languages.
- Represented a digital education content provider in a California Department of Business Oversight investigation into capital-raising activities. Efforts earned cooperation credit and resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a payment processing company in a CFPB inquiry with an urgent deadline for response. Devised systematic information-gathering approach and content analysis protocol to accomplish on time and under budget.
- Sedona Conference (Working Group 1)
- American Bar Association
- Southern California Compliance Group
- Project Management Institute
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1999
- B.A., St. John’s College, 1996
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Rate : $$$$