David I. Sunkin is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Sunkin practices general corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, SEC reporting obligations, corporate governance, and marketing and sponsorship agreements.
He advises clients ranging from start-ups to large public companies, including representing purchasers, sellers, and financial advisors in public and private merger and acquisition transactions. Before joining Sheppard Mullin, he was vice president and general counsel of Earl Scheib, Inc., where he was responsible for all of the company’s legal and business affairs and the company’s strategic planning and acquisitions/divestitures.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1992
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1989
Admissions : California
- Represented Relativity Media and its affiliates in a variety of domestic and international debt and equity financings.
- Represented Relativity Media in separate joint venture transactions with B4U, a leading Bollywood film and television network, and EuropaCorp Films USA, Inc.
- Represented Douglas Steel Supply Company in the sale and leaseback of real property and the acquisition of all of the outstanding capital stock of H&R Sales, Inc.
- Represented the successful bidder of the assets of Syntax-Brillian (Olevia brand electronics) in Delaware Bankruptcy Court.
- Represented the City of Pasadena/The Rose Bowl in the negotiations of long term revenue contracts with the Regents of the University of California and the Tournament of Roses, and the media rights agreement with IMG/Legends in support of the City’s 2010 $156 million bond offering, as well as in its follow-on $30 million private bond offering in 2013.
- Represented an investor group in the acquisition of the assets of Golf Gear International in Nevada Bankruptcy Court.
- Represented Ventura Distribution, Inc. in its Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors and the sale of substantially all of its assets to First Look Studios.
- Represented Arrowhead Brass & Plumbing, LLC and Alhambra Ave. Real Estate, LLC in the purchase of assets from California Assignment, LLC.
- Represented the seller (former Chairman and CEO) in the sale of 10% of the common stock in Obagi Medical Products, Inc. (NASDAQ) to Fundamental Investment Group, a fund managed by UBS AG.
- Represented the Campbell Companies, in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets to a subsidiary of Building Materials Holding Corporation (NYSE: BLG).
- Represented The Bank of New York in the foreclosure and later sale of its intellectual property rights to the Skechers and Karl-Kani trademarks to a private investor group.
Rate : $$$