David L. Swanson has broad litigation experience in state and federal courts, including bankruptcy, in jury and nonjury trials, arbitration, administrative hearings, and mediation.
David has briefed and argued cases before state and federal appellate courts, and his clients include corporations, financial institutions, partnerships, joint ventures and individuals.
For over 20 years, he has worked with clients on commercial contract disputes, business torts, construction claims, surety bond claims, OSHA violations, self-insured and insurance defense, collection and workout matters involving all types of collateral and foreclosure issues, state and federal securities fraud, and landlord-tenant. He is also experienced in intellectual property, labor, and employment litigation.
- Represented general partners in a dispute with limited partners over accounting and distribution practices.
- Represented Trust and the bank retained to service collateralized mortgage-backed securities in the appointment of a receiver to protect assets pledged to secure repayment of the notes.
- Represented mortgage-backed securities servicer in enforcing yield maintenance premium provision in securitized notes.
- Represented a private equity fund in putative class actions brought by shareholders over fund’s acquisition of public companies.
- Represented a distributor in a dispute that arose from an attempted sale or assignment of distributorship agreements in which the seller is alleging breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation, and fraud claims.
- Represented brokerage firm in claims by former customers.
- Represented a plant owner, a general contractor and a paving contractor in OSHA investigations arising from fatal accidents.
- Represented the developer of technology in an intellectual property dispute arising from joint venture agreement with large microchip manufacturer.
- Represented directors, officers and shareholders of a dissolving corporation against a creditor’s attempt to pierce the corporate veil and impose $1.5 million in personal liability.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Jenkens & Gilchrist, P.C., Dallas (April 1999 – 2006)
- Ford Yungblut White & Salazar, P.C., Dallas (November 1997 – April 1999)
- Patton Boggs, L.L.P., Dallas (August 1995 – November 1997)
- Winstead, Sechrest & Minick, P.C., Dallas (August 1986 – August 1995)
- J.D., Memphis State School of Law, 1986
- B.S., Agricultural Economics, University of Missouri, 1983
Admissions : Texas, 1986
Rate : $$$