David P.R. Symes represents management in employment and labor litigation in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. He is a core member of the firm’s Complex Litigation and Jury Trials Practice Group and has more than 20 years of diverse trial experience that includes:
- Numerous favorable jury verdicts in state and federal courts in cases alleging wrongful discharge, whistleblower claims and other forms of retaliation, and disability discrimination
- Labor arbitrations upholding employer decisions against grievances of unjust discipline and discharge
- Dismissal of citations for serious OSHA violations arising out of a workplace fatality
David is a leading authority in unfair competition and trade secrets law in the region. In addition to advising employers on noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements, he has been lead counsel in over 10 preliminary and permanent injunction proceedings involving claims of trade secret misappropriation and breach of noncompetition agreements.
Prior to joining Littler, David was the founding shareholder in the Portland office of another national employment law firm and a partner at a national firm headquartered in Seattle.
He began his law career as a clerk for Hon. René J. Gonzalez of the Alaska Superior Court. During law school, he served as the associate editor of the Washington University Law Quarterly.
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1992
- B.A., St. Olaf College, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- US District Court: Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Oregon HEAT, 2007-2013
- Member, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital, 2006-2012
Rate : $$$