David A. Tallman is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Houston office and a member of the Consumer Financial Services group. In addition to residential mortgage lenders, servicers and investors, he represents a broad range of other financial service providers, including depository institutions, auto lenders, credit card issuers, student lenders, sales finance companies and payment systems providers. David’s practice includes:
- Acting as regulatory counsel and performing due diligence in connection with investments, acquisitions, and other transactions related to consumer financial products and services.
- Handling privacy and information security matters for both financial and non-financial companies, including by drafting privacy notices and consumer consents, performing data audits, advising on data breach response obligations, creating information security programs, and handling cross-border data transfer issues.
- Helping clients to develop e-commerce platforms to facilitate the electronic delivery of financial services.
David co-authored the Mortgage Banker’s Association’s National Servicing Standards Resource Guide. He has written numerous articles on consumer finance issues and is a frequent lecturer at seminars and conferences sponsored by industry groups on legal issues relating to consumer financial products and services.
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD, cum laude
- Macalester College, BA, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- International Association of Privacy Professional
Rate : $$$$