David Tamaroff is a partner in Morgan & Morgan’s Business Trial Group. Based out of the law firm’s Miami, Florida office, he litigates cases in federal courts throughout the state and across the nation, primarily representing plaintiffs in intellectual property cases.
His knowledge of intellectual property law runs deep, with substantial experience in litigation involving copyright infringement, patent infringement, trademark infringement, counterfeiting, and unfair competition.
He possesses a notably comprehensive understanding of copyright litigation in the context of the internet, specifically with relation to embedding and hyperlinking, BitTorrent file sharing, and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act’s (DMCA) safe harbor provisions.
In various copyright cases, Mr. Tamaroff has recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars for his clients, including photographers, film production companies, musicians, and artists. He has successfully managed multi-jurisdictional patent enforcement campaigns on behalf of inventors, and resolved trademark disputes on favorable terms for clients, including a mobile app developer, online news site, and luxury real estate broker.
He is also adept at litigating claims for deceptive or unfair trade practices, computer fraud or abuse, fraudulent inducement, breach of contract, and business torts. Frequently representing plaintiffs in federal courts, Mr. Tamaroff is no stranger to arguing complex issues of jurisdiction, venue, and civil procedure.
Before he joined the Business Trial Group, he was a partner in a boutique intellectual property law firm in downtown Miami, Florida. Prior to pursuing a legal career, he worked as a laboratory assistant researching cancer drug development and genetic therapeutics at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, in Boston, MA, and Dr. Susan Gilbert’s Laboratory at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in Troy, NY.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.,
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., 2008
- HBX I Harvard Business School, CORe, 2015
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for theMiddle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Copyright Society of the USA (CSUSA)
- Federal Bar Association (FBA)
Rate : $$$$