David Taubenfeld represents policyholders in every kind of dispute they may have with their insurers. He finds coverage where others may not look, and he attempts to secure coverage for his clients through negotiation and diplomacy before litigation becomes necessary. When litigation becomes necessary, he litigates aggressively, always with the goal of securing coverage for his clients quickly and economically. He has secured millions of dollars in coverage for his clients through negotiation and litigation.
David represents corporate and individual insureds in coverage and bad-faith lawsuits and arbitrations against insurance carriers under Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, First Party Property/Business Interruption, Errors and Omissions, Professional Liability, General Liability, Fidelity Surety Bonds, Performance and Payment, Primary, Excess, and Umbrella insurance policies.
David also litigates construction matters for architects, engineers, contractors and owners. He litigates both the construction disputes themselves and any insurance coverage matters related to his construction work.
- B.A., Pomona College, 1982
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1985, Leading Articles Editor, Southwestern Law Review
ADMISSIONS : Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- American Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- American Trial Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$