David Taylor is Chair of Locke Lord LLP. He has more than two decades of experience representing public and private companies, including master limited partnerships, in a broad range of corporate and securities matters, with a strong focus on securities offerings and disclosures, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
David’s extensive experience representing issuers, underwriters and selling stockholders includes more than $25 billion of registered public offerings and Rule 144A transactions as well as equity and debt private placements.
Additionally, David focuses on mergers and acquisitions – including tender offers and related transactions – across a wide range of industries. He also represents boards of directors of companies in all types of industries regarding their regulatory, fiduciary and other duties, as well as in general corporate governance matters.
David is the former Managing Partner of Locke Lord’s Houston office and the former Chair of the Firm’s Finance Committee. He has also served in leadership positions within the Firm in Strategic Growth, Practice Development and Recruiting areas. A member and former Co-Chair of the Firm’s Corporate and Transactional Department, David is the former Chair of Locke Lord’s Capital Markets section.
Representative Experience :
- Equity and debt offerings for major international energy companies
- Equity and debt offerings in energy, banking, environmental, corrections, title insurance and technology industries
- $3.7 billion acquisition involving U.S. and Canadian waste companies
- $330 million public acquisition of industrial servicing company
- $480 million sale of public wastewater company
- $1.5 billion sale of public industrial products company
- Numerous acquisitions and divestitures in energy, technology, electronics, banking, deathcare, environmental, chemical and industrial servicing industries
- Chair, Locke Lord LLP
- Partner, Locke Lord
- Managing Partner, Houston Office of Locke Lord
- Former Member, Locke Lord Executive Committee
- Chair, Locke Lord Finance Committee
- Former Chair, Locke Lord Capital Markets section
- Former Chair, Locke Lord Practice Development Committee
- Former Co-Chair, Locke Lord Corporate and Transactional Department
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1988
- B.B.A., with honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 1985
Admissions : Texas, 1989
Rate : $$$