David D’Urso acts as outside general counsel to several private equity funds, advising the funds and their portfolio companies with respect to their M&A and other transactional activities.
He regularly advises on:
- Leveraged acquisitions
- Follow-on acquisitions and rollups
- Growth equity investments
- Debt financings.
His clients rely upon him to bring commercial pragmatism and a strong understanding of their business goals to every matter.
David has handled matters across a range of industries, including:
- Food and beverage
- Financial services
- Health and wellness.
- Advises specialty lenders on financings and other debt investments.
- Represents private equity funds, family offices and their portfolio companies in complex merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions and financings.
- Leads a wide variety of public and private transactions.
- Advised in the recapitalization of a national fitness operating company through the purchase of all of the portfolio company’s outstanding lien indebtedness.
- Advised in the acquisition and related financing of a national newspaper publisher.
- Advised on a “back door” initial public offering (IPO) of a regional homebuilder, as well as in related financing.
- Negotiated on behalf of a client in the acquisition and related financing of a merchant funding lender.
- Counseled in the sale of a regional specialty grocer and gourmet food market.
- Advised in the acquisition and related financing of the entire sale-leaseback portfolio from a commercial lender.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and related financing of a fractional ownership aviation business.
- Assisted in warehouse financing for, and equity investment in, a commercial mortgage lender.
- Assisted with the sale of a re-insurance company to a strategic buyer.
- Provided counsel in the sale of a “for profit” education provider.
- Member, New York Bar Association.
- J.D., Case Western University School of Law, 1996
- B.A., Binghamton University, State University of New York, 1992
- M.A., St. John’s University, 1995
- New York
Rate : $$$$